July 17, 2009

For those about to rock

We salute you! (click on the shirt to see the auction)






Four concert shirts from the late 80's. I love that the Aerosmith shirt lists the band's show at the Old Orchard Beach Ballpark, which was not exactly a massive venue. Or it didn't seem that way when I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan and Gregg Allman there in 1989 (or 1990 - those years are blurry). That night I thought I was the shizzle because I was wearing my Mr. Zog's Sex Wax T-shirt. THAT is a shirt I have kept.

But of the bunch, my favorite shirt is the Ozzy Osbourne shirt with the shagged perm and burning book. Not because of the front, but because of the back:

In case you can't read it, it's a test about Ozzy.

Ozzy is....
_My Granny's Favorite Singer
_The Demon King
_A Swell Guy Who Like Pets
_A Heavy Metal Madman
_Imperator of the Dark Legions
_All of the Above (which is the correct answer, of course)

If this was the type of question found on SAT's, every kid in my high school would have gone to Harvard.

I don't really go to big shows anymore, but I will make exceptions - for my beloved Rush, and for these guys, who I'll be seeing tonite, on a bayside Pier here in Portland.

0 comments: