October 17, 2009

Why I hate October

As I'm sure you're all aware, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. However, even without the official designation, I'm pretty damn aware of breast cancer during this month, as my mother died of breast cancer on October 31, 2002. And it was not, to reference the facetious title of Simone De Beauvoir's memoir, A Very Easy Death.

As a participant in the VFG's Shop Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Sale, until the end of October I will donate 10% of the purchase price of any item purchased from my eBay or Etsy store with the word "Pink" in the title, and I'll match the amount (which I realize means I'll be donating 20% of the purchase price - math is not my strong point.)

I'll be making the donation to the Susan Komen for the Cure Foundation in memory of my mother, Florence Smith.

If you'd like to donate without making a purchase, you can do so online.

Some of the items available:














CLICK HERE for all my pink eBay items.

And HERE for my Etsy store.

Thank you to everyone who participates!

0 comments: