June 16, 2008

Vintage....music

Every kid in my high school loved Rush. Except me. I figured that if everyone liked them, then I was far too "alternative" to follow the herd.

Getting older can be enlightening. And giving up "the cool" can be a hell of a lot of fun. Because every kid in my high school was right and I was wrong. Rush rocks. ROCKS. I saw them live last night. 10th row. I now have a wee (okay, huge) crush on Geddy Lee.

How could I not?! He just gets more and more dreamy.






One of the things I love about anything vintage is that it's removed from its original context, and you can view the band, the dress, the movie objectively, without the situational bias. Of course there's nostalgia - the 80's clothing I sell evokes all sorts of memories. But when I see it today, without drowning in teen-age angst, it looks so much better.

Just like Geddy Lee (meow). I can't wait for the next Rush concert.

0 comments: