August 16, 2008

My new logo!

So yea....I've been really busy um....developing my business. Yea.

And by "developing my business," I mean doing all the summer things that I have not yet accomplished: eating lobster, waterskiing, drinking on decks, grilling meat, reading trashy romance novels on my front lawn, riding my motorcycle, going to yard sales, taking big walks on the beach....

And there's still so much do accomplish in the next few weeks.

In between all of these important tasks, I have managed to do some buying. I acquired some wonderful pieces from a 90 year old woman who had graduated from Rhode Island School of Design and was a pioneer of screenprinting. Another lot came from a woman who was moving out to a house on a lake and wanted the clothing of her youth to have another life. From her I got loads of beautiful hippie items - lots of embroidered gauze and Indian prints.

The clothing was great, but even better, I got to hang out with two amazing women and hear some very cool stories. Meeting people and hearing their lives is one of my favorite parts of this line of work.

I also got to pick up my new business cards and see my new logo in action. I love it. I love it so much.

These were done by Patrick Corrigan. I adore the Art Nouveau vibe. And how his illustrations are beautiful, but tinged with a hint of sadness. He gets it. He rocks.




0 comments: