November 3, 2009

Karma. Flattery. Plaid.

As I've been training for a half-marathon, I've been listening to A LOT of podcasts.

One of my recent favorites is The Sound of Young America with Jesse Thorn.  I listened to the entire catalog of podcasts throughout September.

 I was pleased to find out that Jesse and Adam Lisagor had started a new blog about clothing, called Put This On, first because I've become a fangirl, and second, because I'm into blogs about menswear.

So you cannot imagine my  freakout I had when my pod-nerd/ vintage menswear geekery merged together :  One of my auction items featured on the Put This On blog.

This coat is not necessarily the item I'd like featured in a major blog.  It has issues - lots of them.  But it's one of those pieces of vintage menswear with an elusive quality (it's work wear from the 1940's) that makes it very desirable.






I am as pleased as punch!

0 comments: