June 10, 2009

Danish Modern IQ Test


It's a gorgeous example of usable Danish Modern design.

It's a peppermill - desperately needed to replace the horrible modern green plastic thingy that crushes peppercorns with the force of a fluffy kitten.

It's an IQ test, and one that I have failed. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the peppercorns into this thing. When the rings on the bottom are configured in a certain way, there's one wee hole, the size of a single peppercorn. I love this thing, but I refuse to feed it one orb at a time.

Ah well, it still looks good.

5 comments:

Ehme said...

Turn that little brown knob on the top until it pops off. Then the top will come off and you will pour your peppercorns in.

markuza said...

my guess is that the top screws off- it looks like there is a little bit of a lip just below the 'lid'- if it's really well made maybe there's a seam in there that is almost invisible.

lucitebox said...

Is that top round "knob" a screw? Mine unscrews on the top, but it's a bit more contemporary than yours. I thought the top only lifted up a certain amount and was slowly adding the peppercorns. It turns out I can take the whole top metal plate off the top.

NorthStar Vintage said...

YES!!!! It was the little knob on top. I'm going to start making blog posts about all my puzzles and problems.

Thank you!

lucitebox said...

Northstarvintage--better than askmetafilter.com!