July 21, 2009

Tag!


Actually, were this about this type of tag, the title of the post would more aptly be named "Label." This is about an online blog version of tag. (This is from one of the dresses to be listed on my forthcoming website).

I was tagged by Freudian Slips. Here are here are the rules:

Copy the logo and place it on my blog
Link it back to the person who gave it to me
Pass it on to five fellow bloggers

List 10 things about myself.

Here's the logo:



I've linked back to Freudian Slips above (and wow does she have beautiful stuff!).

I'm going to tag:
Lucite Box
Debutante Vintage
Couture Allure
Damn Good Vintage
Hatfeathers Vintage

These are all people that I have "met" through the online vintage community. Not only do they have amazing clothing and addictive blogs, but they also seem like folks with whom I'd like to have a cocktail or three.

And as for the ten things about myself:

1. My favorite condiment is salt.
2. I am training for a half-marathon in November (provided my joints hold up)
3. I was lucky enough to have Charles Simic as a poetry professor in college.
4. Having grown up in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, I can pick up even the faintest Philadelphia accent.
5. I make up songs about my cats.
6. Growing up I loved clutter and bric-a-brac. About two years ago, I embarked on a major purge, which included three yard sales, and approximately 76 trips to the dump. (I love the local dump - the guys who work there make sculptures out of the trash). Now I try to be a minimalist, and am always editing my belongings. This is a constant battle, and one of the reasons I am planning on having another yard sale later this summer.
7. The trashier the reality show, the more I love it. Charm School, Daisy of Love, Miami Social - I watch them all.
8. To balance #7 - I do the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle every week. And by "do" I don't necessarily mean "finish." I also read 2-4 books per week.
9. It's a cliche to say this, but it's true - I am married to the love of my life.
10. My latest "vision quest" is to try a Bloody Mary in every restaurant in Maine. So far - the best was from Buck's Naked BBQ - it's garnished with a rib! The worst was from Margaritas, where they use grenadine instead of tomato juice. It was undrinkable. Gack!

3 comments:

lucitebox said...

Oh noes! I'm tagged. I'll be completing this next week when I return from a much needed vacation.
Thanks for thinking of me, Susan.

I really enjoyed reading your ten things!

Amy said...

I love this bloody mary quest!

Have you noticed that the cheesy hotel bar on outer Congress Pete and Larry's has a banner on the street proclaiming a weekend bloody mary bar? I've been wanting to see what its all about, maybe I'll make you my date!

@amycasey

NorthStar Vintage said...

I went to a Bloody Mary Bar on Sunday - it was awesome!

I think we should make a date for Pete and Larry's and recruit a designated driver for it!