July 11, 2009

What I did on my summer vacation

My beloved BMW R50/2 has been suffering some electrical issues, so instead of riding around the wilds of Maine on two wheels, I saw the sights in a car. And by "saw the sights" I mean, went to yard sales.

Most of the morning was spent trying to find an elusive yard sale which promised 4 stories of accumulation from 4 generations. It yielded nothing - though a giant paper mache Santa's sled did tempt me.

Closer to home I did find one of my holy grails, sort of - a La Creuset pan:


I realized that the heaviness that makes a La Creuset so desirable, is probably what landed it in a yard sale. This bad boy probably weighs 20 pounds, and with a nice curry in it, it's going to need a front end loader.

Also found - lucite/silver side table which will allow me to spill water, without consequence, when I water this crazy curly spider plant:


But it hasn't been all play - I have a bunch of 40's and 50's dresses from a knockout estate, and a pit party worthy buy of 80's concert t-shirts (AC/DC, Aerosmith, Ozzy, though sadly, for me, no Rush).

On a happier note, we fixed my bike today, so for better or for worse, this may be my last weekend of yard sales.

0 comments: