October 15, 2009

I love it when this happens.

In my 10 years of selling, I've only been able to find the original ad for an item of selling twice. One was for a Bali-Bo bra, which had an extended run, so it wasn't even an exact match (sadly the link is dead). And once for a Sears Girdle - and it wasn't even an ad, it was the catalog listing (which made it very easy to write the description).

So I was thrilled to find the original ad for this crazy Avon pendant.




From a 1974 Avon Catalog.  I encourage you to check out the catalog (links at the bottom).  I had no idea that Avon made such cool jewlery.  For example:

 



Stars!





And this one is my favorite:



Of course Avon was not without its  clunkers:




 
 To me cuddly and jewelry are not words that should go together.

 
If you want to make yourself look 20 years older.

The Mayan pendant and some newly listed jewelry, pocketbooks, and belts can be found on my

3 comments:

Kim @ The Girl Can't Help It said...

That is SO cool! I don't care what anyone says, I love vintage avon!

lucitebox said...

I had that star necklace! My mom bought me a fair amount of Avon jewelry when I was a kid. I don't have any of it anymore, but I did manage to find a mood ring from Avon. Rather, I should say, she did! It was weird because she got it right about the time I had mentioned to someone else how nostalgic I was for mood rings.

LOVE the necklace you found. I've been searching things like this for months, actually--not Avon, but modernist looking stuff.

lucitebox said...

Now go find me that weird birthstone tear drop necklace I had. I think it was Avon, but it might have been Sarah Coventry.