October 1, 2009

What Can Brown Do For You?

In 1985, after reading the Spin Magazine essay, "Why Young People Wear Black" I made the choice to do just that.  (I am trying to find the essay online but can't, though while searching, I have discovered  that early 1980's Spin Magazines are going for over $100.  I swear I KNEW when I was cutting out pics of Bono and Sting to hang in my locker that I would live to regret it).

Almost 25 years later, 90% of my wardrobe is black.  But events over the past few weeks have changed my sartorial obsession outlook.  First, the Frye Boots.  Second, I came across a pocketbook, that I could not resist, even though it is made of brown leather.








It folds out to a wallet.  Even the hipster girl who sold me coffee today was impressed!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

SUE!!!!! this is my latest inspiration! i've not made a bag in far too long... and the next one i create will include a built-in wallet!!
thanks for the inspiration. you rock.
coffee sometime? i'd love to connect.
xo,
hannah (ponomo)