August 21, 2009

The Folly of Excess

My associate, Mr. Northstarvintage, had other plans last Saturday and couldn't join me as I made the rounds. So I brought along my friend, and new favorite yard sale pirate, Sophie, (who runs Rise Gallery) and we scored big time.

Not having Mr. NSV around meant that I didn't have to listen to his occasionally annoying (but always right) voice of reason. Because yes, I do need a child's Huffy bike.

We had to have a super cute old man tie the bike to the back of my car. One advantage of shopping with a cute girl is that the guys are always willing to give us a hand!


Sophie found lots of cool old boxes, that she'll actually end up using.


The things I found - not so useful. Like this 60's enamel plate. (though it is beautiful!)

And this four headed ram thingy. Supposedly from Iran.

I am convinced that I will find a use for this 1940's hand made toy stove. Mr. NSV is not so sure.

Huge bin of mystery fabric. I'm not sure if I love it or hate it. Mr. NSV says "hate" because the bin weights about 50 pounds and I make him move it around the house.

My goal is to train the cats to sleep in this. And look at the graphics!

This fit perfectly between the two chaise lounge chairs on the patio and does a great job holding my gin & tonics.

We're having a yard sale next weekend. You might see some of this stuff for sale.

1 comments:

Linda said...

Yes, please put the fabric in your yard sale, or at least some of it! Can't wait!